For the second year, I’ve had the opportunity to team up with RogerWilco and Ovatoyou on our South African Digital CX report. This year’s report builds on the findings from our 2019 study, digging deeper into some of the key trends and including additional findings about how Covid 19 has impacted customer experience.
Key insights include:
- 39% of consumers would never use a brand again after a negative experience
- 56% would share a negative experience with friends and family
- 32% would post about a negative experience on social media
- Over 1Bn Rand is wasted on ad spend attracting customers who might not even stick around
- 60% of customers who abandoned online purchases went to a rival brand that offered better CX (ease, convenience and social distancing were all mentioned as top motivations for going online)
- Payment, support and delivery were cited as key pain points…and moments of truth!
- Covid 19 has catalyzed a shift towards online engagement with brands. Grocery, health and education were the categories that saw the biggest change, but they will need to work hard to keep the customers they’ve attracted during government-mandated lockdowns.
The 2020 Digital CX report integrates survey research findings from over 2000 South African consumer participants with expert insights from a panel of senior CX business leaders and marketers across different sectors. This blend of insights and expert commentary resulted in a study that is robust and comprehensive.